Here is the sector performance of Various Nifty Sector indices over the last 16 years.
2022 data is till 23/June/2022
A whole lot of conclusions can be drawn from the data, here are a few I noticed.
- .FMCG is the least volatile sector. Also, a safe haven when market crashes.
- Auto went berzerk in post crises rally of 2009
- Real estate is the most volatile sector. The Yo-Yo is mind bolgling.
- Real-estate sector almost recovered fully from the 2008 crash and petered out into oblivion in later years.
- Banks, pharma and IT have created wealth for the investors.
- Nobody beats the dead dog. PSU banks did not correct in 2022 as they were already in value zone.
- Cyclicals, high beta roars the best after a crash year.